Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!




So it is official. I am no longer in my mid-twenties. I am in my late twenties and I have to say that I have never had a better birthday. Not only did I have a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends, but I finally feel like I am starting to understand myself and maybe even like myself more. I feel more comfortable with who I am today than any other time in my life. But enough about that.

Friday, after we picked Raven up from school, we picked up the Alvarado Family and met Nana and Uncle Jesse for a little retail therapy. It was one of those great shopping trips where everything you really want is on sale. Seriously, I found 4 pairs of shoes for under $35. You can't beat it with a stick. We also got Becky some really cute maternity clothes. We then met Gary and my Dad for dinner at Red Lobster. Even after waiting for over an hour they could not seat us all at the same table so my parents sat with the kids. I was bummed that I did not get to spend time with my parents but then again I got to sit at a table of grown-ups so I can't complain. After dinner my family gave me this awesome jewelry box that matches my bedroom furniture. It is huge. I cannot wait to fill it up!

Saturday was a day out with the girls. My mom, Becky, Michelle S., Susan, Michelle M., Aunt Sanza and Lindsay all got to come out for the day. We met for lunch at Island Burgers -yummy- and had so much fun chatting we were almost late for the movie. AHHH the movie. P.S. I love you. Let me just say that this is one of the best chick flicks of all time. I cried the entire time. Really not 5 minutes in to it and I was bawling. The plot was great but the best part was the settings and the men.
Settings -New York and Ireland. Two places on my list to visit before I die. Beautiful.
Men - Harry Connick Jr.- He sings he acts and he is beautiful
Gerard Butler- Was the Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera but I had NO idea if you know what I mean
Jeffery Dean- Denny from Grey's Anatomy and the dad from Supernatural (why did he get killed off in both shows?)
So all I am going to say is Irish accents, an exposed backside and tattoos.

After Frozen custard I met Gary and we went out for sushi and to see National Treasure. The movie and food was good but the night out with my husband was great!!! I felt like I was playing hooky from my life all day!

Be on the lookout girls. I am going to make sure that we have girls’ only days more often!








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been to the girls day! Happy Birthday!!!

Michelle Bebe said...

I am such a ditz. I didn't remember it was your birthday! I am so sorry! Happy Birthday! I thought we were just having a girl's day!!!

Wow.

This was the best day I have had in a LONG time! The food, Family and movie were to die for! I didn't know Gerard Butler was the Phantom! HOTNESS FACTOR TRIPPLED JUST NOW!

Alvarado Family said...

This was a good day!! I had a blast spending the day with my sister. On that note I would just like to say that just because you are a plastic now does not give you the right to leave on your sisters 25th birthday!! I expect that my present is extra big now!! If that didnt make you pack your bags for a guilt trip try this on for size. Not only am I having a hard time with turning 25 which means that I am no longer a young adult but fast on my way to being well you...but I am also growing a baby that will soon look at you with beautiful eyes and in its mind be thinking..."why did you make my mom so sad by leaving on her birthday? She forgot to feed me all weekend because of you" So I will say have fun now and enjoy your weekend while I am at home pouting and throwing up because I am so upset that my sister loves the plastics more than me!

Shannon said...

Okay this is the first time in 8 years I have had more than 1 friend at a time. Cut me some slack! If it makes you feel any better, the weekend in a cabin turned into dinner theater sumo wrestling and kareoke. You think I am kidding but I am not