Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy New Year











I know, I suck at blogging. Christine kind of scolded me this morning so I got busy! I know everything is kind of old but this is the stuff I meant to post but never got around to.

So as everyone knows, we found out on New Year's Eve that Baby Alvarado will be making an appearance soon. I was totally jazzed but also bummed since Andy kinda went into shock and they could not go out with us. -It's okay Andy, crying and vomiting are natural reactions to finding out that you are going to be a father.- Gary and I went out with his sister Josie, and her husband Jason. I love hanging out with them. They are so easy going and up for almost anything.

We went to dinner at Cooper's Town and then to a pub to hang out. Now I will admit that I may be a little to "Fountain Hills/Scottsdaleish" (Andy teases Becky and I about our sheltered upbringing and what we consider slummin' it constantly) but seriously, this place smelled like an outhouse. On the up side, we were the best looking group in the place- I am not being conceded, one of the guys there looked like the love child of Elvis and Sloth from the Goonies. They also had 1664. 1664 is the best beer in the world. It is hard to find here but it is all I drank in London.

* note to self - take a vacation, you need something else to talk about.*

Our friend Selina showed up and we got to meet her guy, Doug. He was super nice and she seems really happy. He has one of those familiar faces, like you know him from somewhere.

No comments: