Thursday, January 17, 2008

Our favorite author...right now


The Henderson household is big fan of Shel Silverstein. We read Where the Sidewalk Ends, The Light in the Attic and The Giving Tree often. I have been working on the letter "A" and the color "Red" with Ronin and the boys I watch so it was a natural for The Giving Tree to be one of the stories we read this week. (Seriously, can you come up with something that starts with "A" AND is "Red'? I came up with ants and apples and then I drew a blank.)

Raven was sitting at the table coloring today and she looked at the back of the book which has this picture on it. She then says "Ugh, this guy he looks like he should be in jail. Just look at his face. I bet he is a robert. (She calls robbers roberts.) I giggled and thought that we should all be glad Raven is not a profiler. If a world renowned children's author should be in jail, what chance do the rest of have?

She just walked up and asked what I was blogging about. I told her and her only comment was" I hope the police do not blog. He will have to go to jail then."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. She kills me. He does kinda look like a chomo, though.

Michelle Bebe said...

she is hilarious! i DON'T want to know what she thinks of me.

Christine said...

I am sorry not to be so PC but I do kinda have to agree with Raven!